At One Plus One Management Pty Ltd trading as Access Education (ABN 28 216 941 748) we value your privacy and understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality of your personal information.
- collection of your personal information
- use and disclosure of your personal information
- direct marketing
- our duty of confidentiality
- your consent
- quality of your personal information
- access to your personal information
- security of your personal information
- how to contact us
Collection of your personal information
Generally, we collect personal information directly from you when you deal with us in person, over the telephone, via email or via our website. The nature of personal information collected and maintained by us generally comprises information such as your name and contact details (including your postal address and telephone and email details) and, for VCE students, your current stage and place of education.
Use and disclosure of your personal information
Your personal information is collected for the purposes of providing you with the educational services requested and/or booked by you (or on your behalf) and to service our relationship with you. We may use your personal information to facilitate these purposes and for related purposes such as:
- internal administration;
- marketing of other Access Education/One Plus One Management/University or Educational Institute (that you are attending) services and programs; and
- to assist us to identify and inform you of activities conducted by us that may be of interest to you.
- your details may also be passed on to the university or educational institute (i.e. the venue) where the lectures are being held. While this is a security measure for the venue to know who is on site, the university or educational institute may contact you independantly by way of email only
We will use reasonable endeavours to prevent the disclosure of your personal information except to the extent:
- indicated at the time you supply information to us; or
- expressly permitted under any agreement with you; or
- required for performance by us of our activities for you; or
- that in the event of emergent circumstances a One Plus One Management staff member considers it advisable to disclose your personal information to a responsible person or organisation in the interest of your health or safety; or
- required under compulsion of law or provided in cooperation with any government authority; or
- where it is already publicly available or it is disclosed by us in a manner that does not readily permit identification of information specifically relating to you.
Direct marketing use of your personal information
With the exception of providing you email address to the specific University or Educational Institute that you are attending lectures at, we undertake not to supply your personal information to any individual or entity outside One Plus One Management Pty Ltd. Your personal information may be shared among the entities operated by One Plus One Management. We may make use of your contact details to undertake the delivery of marketing and other materials on behalf of third parties but only in circumstances where your personal information remains confidential to Oone Plus One Management e.g. by way of including brochures or other inserts in One Plus One mailings.
If you do not consent to your personal information being handled in accordance with the provisions of this policy please advise us at the earliest possible opportunity. One Plus One Management may not be able to supply you with its services if your personal information cannot be recorded and utilised as set out here.
Quality of your personal information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date at the time of collecting or using the information. If you learn that personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, you should contact us. We will promptly update information that is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
Access to your personal information
You should contact us if you wish to find out what personal information we hold about you. We will need to verify your identity before giving you access.
Security of your personal information
Your personal information can only be accessed by One Plus One Management staff.
Your personal information may be stored in hardcopy documents or electronically.
We maintain locks and security systems over our premises. We maintain computer and network security over our computers and any data stored on external servers. For example, we use firewalls for the Internet and other security measures such as identification codes and passwords to control access to computer systems.
We will destroy personal information if it is no longer needed for the purposes for which we collected it; or for the purposes of meeting legal requirements. We will properly dispose of all hardcopy documents that contain personal information that is no longer needed. All electronic information that is no longer required will be deleted from our systems.
How to contact us
You can contact us by mail, telephone or email - the contact details for Access Education/One Plus One Management Pty Ltd are shown on our website and in our printed documents.